Thursday 31 October 2013

ANNIKA WESTER.

Nordiska Kompaniet guidebooks for Stockholm & Gothenburg. 
Vogue Girl. 
Illustrations for FANCL Cosmetics. 

Since I'm still looking into artists which have created illustrations for horoscopes I came across Annika Wester. Her illustrations are extremely delicate and girly and they work really well with her choice of colour palette, which mainly consists of pastels. 

I'd noticed that she created a set of star signs for Vogue Girl which are very sweet and work well for Vogue Girl since it is aimed at the younger woman. But again they are very basic in style and I feel like maybe not much effort had gone into them. This is exactly what I'm trying to change about the horoscope section. Why shouldn't they be just as visually interesting and beautiful as the rest of the images and articles used? I want mine to reflect the beauty of the rest of the magazine, not just use any old thing which resembles an animal and hope that will be enough. I'd ideally like my work to be something that makes people view the horoscope illustrations as something pleasing and fresh to the eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment