Friday 11 October 2013

REFLECTION - 10.10.2013.






Ok so these are probably the worst photos that I have ever taken of my work but I will hopefully scan these in sometime tomorrow so that they look better, I just wanted to quickly put some with todays reflection. 

This morning felt productive in the sense that me and Jane came up with a definite question/theme that brought what we have been looking at, in terms of connections between each others work, together for tomorrows discussion. So the question we have thought to discuss is "How history has influenced fashion". This brings together nicely Jane's information about the weaving industry along with the Norwich shawls and also my information about more modern fashion due to my fashion illustration side of things. I think this will be a great way for us to explore the idea of old versus new and how best to represent that when it comes to creating our final poster/broadside. 

I made a few collages to day as you can see from the terrible photos but it was nice to get some images already made up even if we don't intend to use them next week. We decided that I would be in charge of creating modern collages of women wearing shawls/scarves so I played around with using different bits of magazine cutouts and using paper with interesting textures that could serve as the shawls pattern. Out of all of them I like the first, third, fourth and fifth. I don't think that second image worked out quite as well as the others due to the way I cut the neckline. I feel the others worked best since they look like they could have already been part of the image initially but I would like to play around with composition and the view more of my work, I remember Matthew telling me last year he thought my work looked its strongest when I really zoomed in on certain areas and blew them up so maybe that is something to think about. Overall I'm pleased with what we achieved today so now it's just time to start the discussion tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment