Wednesday 23 October 2013

REFLECTION - 23.10.2013.

Yesterday we had our first group tutorial with Chris which went really well! I usually feel like I get more negative criticism from group tutorials, rather than constructive, but everyone had made some very useful points that have given me a lot to think about in regards to my work.  

It was really nice to speak to everyone about what I've been looking into and how I'd like to apply it to publications. I feel a lot more level headed about what I'm doing and what else I can explore to expand my ideas. I thought that I would write down the main points that I thought were helpful and will help my work progress forward: 

  • Push interpretation of the images - don't feel you should conform to what is 'out' there.
  • Magical = good. 
  • Will it be all 12 signs or a selection. 
  • If someone is going to have a bad day will it affect the illustration?
  • Will they be of the sign or what is predicted?
  • Graphs/ charts/ mathematical drawings? 
  • Digital experimentation? 
  • Historical superstition, myths and beliefs. 
  • Compare and contrast your work to other work in the field - will show development, understanding and problem solving skills. 
  • Powerful but simple shapes and images?



No comments:

Post a Comment