Saturday 5 October 2013

THOUGHTS.

Thoughts and ideas for the 5 week project: 

I've been having a long think in regards to what I could plan my 5 week project on. It's been really hard since I love illustrating stories and have enjoyed focusing on that last year. They're also a great way to already have a 'brief'  to work straight from, I enjoy having something already 'there' to just expand on and project in my own style. 

With that being said, it led me to think about my work and the real world. Yep that big ol'ball of fun. I love illustrating fictional stories since you can be as creative as you like with them plus it's just something that I'm familiar with. I've already experienced reportage illustration by working on a project relating to  the Castle Museum but I didn't get along with it at all since I just didn't feel like it was an area/subject that I was interested in. This led me to think about applying my illustrations to the fashion and beauty industry because it's somewhere that I would like to see my work be a part of. I finalised my ideas down for what I could plan my project on, thinking about not making it too complicated/unachievable within the time period given but still choosing something that will help to move my work forward. 

These are the 2 that I narrowed it all down to:

  • applying illustrations to real articles within fashion/beauty.
  • creating a small zine aimed at young girls/teenagers filled with DIYs and how to's relating to beauty/fashion.
It obviously all made sense to actually focus my work into the area that I am interested in the most and would like to see develop into something bigger. I think that both of my ideas could work for the 5 week project but I could see either one leading from one another to a more 'final' project. I feel that the zine idea would be something fun to do for a 5 week task but then again I can see that it can be developed into a more substantial project for a final. On the other hand the same can be said about the real articles idea, it could be something that introduces me to applying my work to my interested area orrr it can be graduate show worthy with the zine being the initial idea which leads to a more formal, finalised outcome. 

So you can see I just feel a bit confused since I'm drawn to both in equal ways, it's just which one would be more beneficial for initial idea exploring and expansion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment