Tuesday 22 October 2013

REFLECTION - 22.10.2013.

It's been a while since my last reflection so thought I'd type one up now since I'm on a roll. I began looking at lots of different magazine articles to see what they had to offer when it came to the horoscopes section, I've viewed pages from Vogue, Vogue Girl, Harper's Bazaar and Marie Claire. 

So far it hasn't all been that great but thats also the good part since it makes me want to create better and more visually exciting work! I had a brief chat with Glynn yesterday about what I was looking into and he mentioned some good points: 

  • Try looking at how the artists apply their work to other publications, is it any different? 
  • Finding alternative horoscope pages - The Illustrated Ape, The Face. 
  • Look at horoscopes in The Guardian and The Telegraph. 
  • Looking at various layouts. 

These have given me some food for thought and definitely sparked ideas in terms of which publication I would apply my work to. I want to look at how the horoscope pages look within newspapers and also more individual magazines that might have their own horoscopes written up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment