Thursday 31 October 2013

EXPERIMENTATION - TAURUS.


This is a quick digital collage I created for the star sign Taurus. I've always enjoyed working with fashion images/photography and I feel I produce the best work this way. I'd mentioned in my previous reflection that instead of illustrating the text from horoscopes I wanted to do the star signs themselves. To make this more interesting I've been looking into the various descriptions for each star sign in terms of traits a person might have or qualities of their personality. This will act like a 'mini brief' for each sign so that I have something to work from. The reason I didn't want to illustrate the text is because I wanted to try something that hasn't been done before but to also keep the images connected with the 'true' meaning. 

I want each image to reflect the star sign but it's theme will link to a particular aspect of their description. One of the words that had stuck out in regards to Taurus was 'sensuous' so I decided to take this as the theme to base it on. The photographs are a variety of scans from magazines and some that I have in my own collection of images. I wanted this to look romantic and I feel like I managed to achieve this quite well with the particular images that I chose. Pinks and reds are usually connected with love and romance hence the use of the pink flower, I also wanted the women to have red hair too to maintain the colour associations people have with the word 'sensuous' . I felt like the woman should have been coming out of the flower, like an explosion of love and lust. This is furthermore shown with the male hands coming out through the flower, holding onto the woman's breasts. The placement of the bulls horns behind the woman's head show that this is the Taurus star sign but keep it subtle and not as in-your-face as a lot of today's horoscope illustrations. 

This is still very much a working progress so the images I'll be sharing are starting points to then refine and change into finals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment