Thursday 31 October 2013

EXPERIMENTATION - SCORPIO.


I'm working on this in response to the Scorpio star sign. The two words that had stuck out for me for it's description were 'confidence' and 'jealousy' so chose to base it around those. This isn't finished or refined at all but I want to keep sharing the progress of my work, even if they aren't 'done' as such. 

I've been keeping the background the same for each image, as well as the constellations that I use, are the same for each sign but they differ in placement and size. This is so that all the images will look uniform once all placed on the horoscope page, with small links as such, but will obviously be different in terms of the star sign and images used. 

I experimented with layering text and images onto the figure more with this one in comparison to the Taurus picture. I made the constellations round and placed them behind her head to represent the night sky and to also resemble a halo,  I like the idea of making them look like star sign goddesses. I like the placement of the text since it follows the shape of the top of her shoulder but I kept it see-through so the rest of her was still visible. This the same for the opposite shoulder, I kept it more abstract so that it was more of a block shape, although still maintained within the figure. It slightly shows a drawing of a scorpion, although it's not very clear so I'd like to go back and see if there's a different way for me to show this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment