Tuesday 22 October 2013

ROOKIE MAGAZINE.


Beth Hoeckel.
Monica Ramos. 
Beth Hoeckel. 
Emma Dajska. 

Rookie Magazine is an online publication written by girls, for girls. It's audience is mainly teenagers but I read it religiously since the articles are so well written that I think it can be enjoyed by girls any age. They have monthly "issues" which have their own theme and include writings, photography, DIYs, illustrations and videos. I've always loved their magazine due to the variety of artists that they get involved and a few that I'd researched previously have contributed to Rookie Magazine already such as Monica Ramos and Beth Hoeckel. 

They don't have a horoscope section but they have had articles in regards to astrology and star signs. I feel like this might be the right publication for my work to be used for since they use a lot of different illustrations whether its paintings, photography or collage. I want my work to have a magical maybe even slightly dark feel to it and Rookie Magazine seems to be the perfect platform for this. Even though they don't have horoscopes this could be a way for me to make my own or even write a small star sign article to illustrate for them. Obviously I'll have a better understanding of whether my work will fit into Rookie once I start making my collages but I feel like this is a good magazine to keep in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment