Wednesday 9 October 2013

REFLECTION - 9.10.2013.

Today was a bit of a slow day. It's not something I want to be saying but theres no other way to explain it. This morning consisted of a presentation about our grading criteria and how all of our work will be assessed... very overwhelming(!). Although on the other hand I found it to be quite helpful in that I feel that I understand the grading criteria more clearly, even if it was a long presentation. We also had a brief explanation about portfolios and presentation which was super helpful and were shown some Prat Portfolios that I really liked the look of so I will see if I can invest in one for this term. Glynn briefly touched upon the subject of research files and how best to present them and blogs were mentioned. I think tutors are slightly worried when students use them since they can be unaware that they have a research blog online or that things aren't recorded correctly. This worried me a little but I always make sure to keep tabs on all of my posts so that they are easy for others to find specific areas/topics and obviously make it very clear that this is how I have managed all my work. Plus this is the best way for me to keep track of all my thoughts and ideas since I can do this anywhere and at any time, whether it's on the computer or phone. 

In term so work I didn't produce any until this evening and that consisted of finding some books to bring in for Jane to have a look through along with magazines, my cutting mat and scalpel to then start creating some sort of imagery tomorrow! I'm quite excited about this since it's been all writing and typing up until now so tomorrow shall be filled with lots of activities! I want us to focus on our topic for the discussion on Friday and would like to speak to a tutor about the recording side of things since I'm slightly confused but it's nothing major. 

No comments:

Post a Comment