Tuesday 1 October 2013

LOU TAYLOR.






A lot of the artists that I have looked into so far make their images out of paper. This is something which I haven't experimented with myself yet since I like to cut all my found imagery out then play around with them till I create the design that I want to portray. But with that being said, I'd be interested to see what it would be like to combine my style of working with some new techniques such as this. I think it would be a nice contrast of textures by having strong, graphic images with playful cutouts alongside them. 

I came across Lou Taylor's work and I think her work defines playful paper art very well. Her colour palette is extremely vibrant and her use of iconic figures and motifs make her creations easily recognisable. I like her use of repetition since it's not something that I have thought about when it comes to my own work but this can be something else that I can think about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment