Monday 21 October 2013

TAROT CARDS.







Since I'm looking back into the history of zodiacs and start signs I thought it would be good to look into Tarot cards as well since it's a subject that I've always been fascinated by and it also links in with horoscopes. Every star sign is linked with a Tarot card from the Major Arcana. Nearly all Tarot cards are represented by very celestial, sometimes macabre, figures that represent the essence of a person. 

The particular cards that I have posted are from an ancient Italian Tarot card deck created by engraver Carlo Dellarocca. What drew me to the imagery was the fine detail reflecting that of the engraved original. The colours are rich and I like the old type used for each cards title. This style of imagery is something that I would like to include within my collages so I'd like to try and find some books on Tarot cards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment