Monday 21 October 2013

HOROSCOPE RESEARCH.

Bazaar Magazine.
Vogue Girl Korea. 

I've been enjoying looking at lots of horoscope articles since it's nice to see the variety of illustrations that are used to accompany the writing and these are a few more that I have come across which I wanted to share. 

Bazaar: 

I looked at Bazaar Magazine and found this particular article which instead of using illustration they used jewellery, I thought this was a clever way to represent the 'scorpio sign'. Obviously the bracelet directly represents the star sign since its literally a scorpion but I'd never seen actual objects being used for horoscopes before. Although on the other hand it is extremely obvious and visually isn't exciting due to the colour being non existent and the use of type makes it look old and dated. 

Vogue Girl Korea

I found this horoscopes article from Vogue Girl Korea and thought it was great! The illustrations are beautiful although I don't know which sign they correspond too, if any at all. What I think works about this though is the layout, use of colour and type. The pink from the dresses links with the star sign titles but also the confetti that goes over the page. The type used for the horoscopes title keeps the page looking fun and girly which ties in with the audience of the magazine, Vogue Girl is aimed at younger teens and this keeps it age appropriate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment