Monday 7 October 2013

FIRST DAY BACK - 7.10.2013.

So today was the first day of Year 3! It was a great feeling to be back at uni, seeing everyone that I'd missed over the summer but also just to get back into a working environment. 

Today mainly consisted of a lot of powerpoint presentations explaining the main points of BA7 and the industry report. I found it all very confusing at first but I think it was due to how overwhelming it was to have so much information to take in, especially since I wasn't too sure about what it all meant in the first place! Although after taking a breather to absorb it all in I felt a lot more calm about what was explained to us. Glynn mentioned that we shall be working in pairs over the next 2 weeks to produce a body of work that reflects a conversation that we have created through exploring our partners work, making sure that we bring it together by finding links between each others ideas. I think this project sounds interesting since it's not a way that I would normally work to generate ideas and discussion. I feel that it will be a good way to get out initial thoughts regarding the BA7 project and industry report and to see whether they are something that will work on paper, not just in your head. 

I was paired up with Jane which I'm extremely happy about since I have always wanted to work with her but never had the chance to. It was really nice chatting about my thoughts and ideas that I had come up with so far and to just get someone else's perspective is always liberating. We swapped ideas and made a few quick notes but we are back in tomorrow to discuss it more in depth so I will scan in our scribbles along with the brief for this mini project task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment