Wednesday 6 November 2013

REFLECTION - 5.11.2013.

Today I had my group review with Chris to discuss our thoughts and worries in regards to the 1000 word Research Report. The main thing that had been playing on my mind was whether my topic of choice made sense and was also strong enough to then use for my dissertation. I felt that it went really well again and everyone had made lots of constructive notes on the feedback forms for me. 

Some of the main points that I thought were useful were: 

  • Look into Robert Rauschenberg - direct link to Michelle Thompson. 
  • Look at the influence of collage artists on contemporary illustrators or just myself. 
  • Pop Art? Peter Blake/ Richard Hamilton 
  • Look at bad points of collage? Where doesn't it work? 
  • Collage seems to be struggling? Is everyone doing the same thing? 
  • Look at digital collage too?
  • other art forms opinions on collage? Relevance, purpose, etc.
  • Is it more effective that the original image? Photographs, painting, drawing?
  • Will it always be effective?

These ideas are what stuck out to me most from the feedback and they have given me a lot to consider. I would like to have another look at my previous essay outline and have a slight edit of what I had planned out. I'll be able to incorporate more ideas into my plan and create a more well rounded, balanced essay idea. I've also found some previous Research Reports from past students which Glynn has left for us so I'll be having a read through to see how they have gone about writing and structuring their essay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment