Monday 25 November 2013

REFLECTION - 25.11.2013.

I spent the morning sorting out my booklet, which I then managed to print out (finally). I'm happy with the way it came out besides the fact that it was just on normal printer paper, nothing special yet. It's slightly smaller than A5 I think but it could do with being reduced in size actually since I feel that my images look better small. 


Today was also crit day with Chris which I was really looking forward to. I've been feeling slightly stuck with my images and I think a lot of that is due to the fact that I've had to create 12 different images. It's meant that due to the short amount of time we've had on this project my initial images had to then become my finals, so I've felt that I haven't been able to develop them as much as I've wanted to. After speaking to Chris about this and showing him my work so far he suggested that I choose 1 or 2 images to then develop further and doing this by relating the images a lot more with the given text. I really liked this since I'd been mainly focusing on linking the images in with their specific descriptions and personas as such. You never see the imagery within horoscopes actually reflecting what the text is saying so this left me feeling positive about what to do next. Chris also mentioned that I should play around with where I place my imagery on the page, don't default to just the middle, and also to play with the scale. I really enjoyed the crit and felt that I managed to get all my thoughts out as well as receive great constructive criticism. 

I also made the decision to purchase an A4 sized portfolio since my work will, and usually is, to that size. It just made sense to buy one that would compliment and present my work well, rather than my chunky old one from previous years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment