Friday 22 November 2013

LAYOUT IDEAS - 22.11.2013.





So here are a few other layouts that I tried out this morning. I thought I'd give the cut out text one another try with a darker background and I quite like it! It really makes the image stand out, as well as the text, but I might try and change up the colour of the headers if I can since I don't think I'd want them to necessarily be orange. The next three images are just variations of each other. I decided to type up each bit of text since I found a nice font on dafont.com called Augustus. It's slightly Roman/Greek looking but without being really stereotypical and obvious. One thing that annoyed me though was that I couldn't make the writing justified on Photoshop so it's not all neat like I'd like it to be. It looks fine but I'd still prefer it to be all in line with each other so I will see if I can somehow master that. 

The yellow background on the second image is a bit of a mess really but I just wanted to see what it would look like. I don't particularly like it with a block colour background, it just doesn't seem to sit right with my image and design. It might be because the yellow just doesn't work full stop but I have a feeling that any other colours wouldn't compliment my work. Whereas on the fourth image I feel like it's getting somewhere! I stuck to the dark background, it's actually the same one that I used to build my collages onto, but changed the text to white so then it was legible. The image I used for this one was Aries so instead of making a whole little corner dedicated to it, I thought it would be nice to just highlight the corresponding text to the image. I used the Eyedropper Tool on PS to pick out the pink from the planet and then changed the text to a vibrant pink. I think this works a lot better than just keeping the text plain and it also means that it wold be easy for the reader to quickly find their horoscope, if its the 'star sign of the month'.

No comments:

Post a Comment