Sunday 17 November 2013

LAYOUT AND COLOUR IDEAS.






Since I've nearly made all of my images I thought that I would play around with colour and layouts to see what worked best. 

I wanted to keep the images within circles since astrology and lot's of old drawings that I've found with my research all revolve around circular grids and obviously the planets. It's also another way to keep my work looking more uniform and together, even though the collages are all different from each other. Usually within magazines they have the 'Star sign of the month' so will only have an illustration relating to that and not all 12 signs. This makes sense since you don't want to bombard the page with lots of imagery so I think when it comes to creating the layout I will be doing much the same thing. 

I played around with the hue and saturation so that they all linked together aesthetically and I like how the third and fourth images down came out. I muted the colours right down for those but I'd like to see if I can make the star and constellation parts a bit brighter so they have more of a sparkle to them. I'm not too keen on the background being that dark so I'll play around with the saturation on that to see if it looks any better lighter or just see what else could work with the images best. I'd like to see what textured backgrounds look like or even blocks of colour too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment