Thursday 21 November 2013

LAYOUT IDEAS - 21.11.2013.





This week has been so busy with finishing up my essay but now that is all done and ring bound for hand in tomorrow, I can concentrate on the rest of my project! I started to play around with layouts for my images to see what worked best and these are just a few that I had tried out. 

I just picked out the Aquarius sign I made and worked around that. With the top two images I just cut out the text from a horoscope page that I had scanned in previously just so I could create a layout quicker than typing it all out. I think that layout I've chosen to do is the easiest way to fit all of the text onto the page clearly but I might try and make it a double page spread since that could be a new way to present the horoscopes. I quite like having the different backgrounds on them but I don't think I have found the right ones since I don't feel 100% sure on those. But then again they are just quick layouts to get my brain thinking. 

The third one is one that I just had the plain white background on, again, with the cut out text. I actually really like it with the white background since it's usually what they opt for in magazines. I think because my images are quite crisp and graphic then the stark background compliments them well. I want to try out different colours and maybe the original black background that I built my collages on to see what works best. In regards to the text I like the cut out look of the paper since it's something different than the standard typed out text and adds a nice texture but I will try typing up a few of my own with a different font to see how that works out too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment