Tuesday 5 November 2013

MICHELLE THOMPSON.







Michelle Thompson is one of the artists that I'd like to talk about in my extended essay. Her work consists of a mixture of media from photography, digital and typography. What I really like about her work is how she uses a combination of traditional collage methods alongside digital technology.

"Editorial work tends to be digital for speed but I still work by hand when the circumstances allow. More often it's a combination of techniques." 

This quote was taken from her website and it's great to see that even artists like Michelle will use digital methods to make her work. This is how I felt about this current project, as much as I love creating collages traditionally, with the time schedule we have it's definitely a lot easier to create them digitally. Her mixture of medias is really refreshing and gives her images a certain playfulness. It's making me consider playing around with adding my own drawings over my star sign images although I do love them clean and crisp but there's always room for experimentation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment