Friday 7 March 2014

REFLECTION - 7.03.2014.

It's been a long time since I have paused and actually reflected on my work since starting this project and today I feel that time has come. This project has been something very personal to me from day one and will continue to, hopefully, allow others to view my memories of Italy as well as an insight into my culture. 

I feel that my work is developing well since I am learning to not stick to working with an image as a whole and allowing myself to crop, zoom and enlarge areas to further work over. This has really helped me look at my collages in a more interesting way and enables me to see how much I can take away from the image without taking away its meaning. I had a very brief feedback session with one of my tutors, Chris, but I felt very disheartened since I haven't spoken to him about my work at all this year so I felt like I didn't explain my work clearly enough. This ended with various suggestions in how to help my images but this made my work take a completely different path, far from my original idea. I decided to stop what I was doing and just take some time in really making sure that I had clear themes with which to work towards. I find that with having so many tutors, each (rightly) having their own opinion of your work, you just can't make everyone happy. So I've carried on making images that I feel are working best for my ideas so far! I will write a short summary below of what I have broken my ideas/themes down to so that I can always come back and refer to them if I ever need to. 

The Breakdown:

- Rome 

- Family 

- Beach Holidays 

Essentially these are the 3 main themes within this project. Obviously for each theme there will be various images that differ from each other but are still connected to one of the themes. I will probably expand the number of themes once I get back from Italy since I will have lots of exciting new photos to work with too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment