Thursday 27 March 2014

REFLECTION - 27.03.2014.

Sorry that this post has been so late but I have been so busy I haven't had the chance to sit down and catch up! In the last post I spoke about what constructive thoughts and ideas had come up in my crit with Glynn as to what I could do to create more of a narrative or thread within my images. I decided to focus on my Grandmother and her history since I only have a box which is filled with photographs, a couple of personal items and some letters. My Grandmother was an orphan and unfortunately she, along with us, was never able to find out who her biological parents were. This is something that I have always been fascinated by and so after looking through my recent images I thought it would be nice to have 2 different yet very much connected stories running alongside each other. 

The first side of the narration would be the previous dreamy images I created showing my Grandmother enjoying her own family, holidays and highlighting my admiration for her. The second part will be again a series of images that this time will show a blurred disconnection from herself, her identity and slowly broken memories as well as my own feelings of not having been able to have known her. I think this will create an interesting body of work as a whole as well as being able to share something personal with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment