Thursday 27 March 2014

EXPERIMENTATION - 27.03.2014.



Since this project focuses around memories I thought it would be interesting to play around with blurring images and blending them together with others. Certain memories can be clear as anything whereas others can become mixture. I experimented with using the Blur and Smudge tool on Photoshop to see what effects I could create and add to my own images. I particularly love these two images since they were purely accidental to see what would happen. 

The top image was made using the Blur tool and it slowly created a soft focus effect which added a dream-like quality to the photo. I'd like to play around with adding other images to this but I feel this is a powerful image on its own. The second image is a photo of my Grandmother added over the top of the above image. I like how her arms have blended in with the water to create a pleasant calming feeling. I'd like these images to be used for the first half of my narrative idea to show my Grandmother enjoying her family and living her life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment