Saturday 8 March 2014

BEACH HOLIDAY - 8.03.2014.



I've really been enjoying cropping into certain sections of my images and here's a collage I made today. I decided to play around with an old photo of my grandmother and thought it would be interesting to see what would happen if I layered it with another photo of the sea. I layered the sea photo over the top and played around with it's opacity and found that the 'Screen' option allowed it to merge into the background as well as filling in the spoon and knife too. I then decided to make a second copy to then enlarge and layer again but this time I concentrated the 'rock' section into the bottom right corner of the photo. The rocks frame the photo nicely and overall it has a lovely dream-like quality. I thought I would zoom into the spoon/knife corner since I love the subtlety of the water taking over their form hinting at the holiday atmosphere 

No comments:

Post a Comment