Thursday 25 April 2013

THURSDAY WORKSHOP.






These are scans of the work I made for the workshop on Thursday 18th. The aim of this workshop was to help us edit and develop our BA6v work so far and generate imagery though selection of particular media and materials that were appropriate to our subject matter. We had to create 4 x A3 double page spreads in a portrait format using text and image that help develop and explore aspects and concepts of our project. 

Focus was aimed towards:
  • selection and use of media/materials
  • composition
  • scale
  • viewpoint
  • development of appropriate visual language to communicate your subject matter: 
  • drama
  • subtlety 
  • crispness
  • blurring 
  • mechanical
I found this workshop quite hard to start with since my ideas for my theme were all over the place so I didn't know where to start. The first image I created was created with the idea of being the front cover of a zine. It was also based around my original idea for my project of being an independent woman. I wanted to play with the idea of anonymity and how any female can be an independent woman, which is why I made the hat cover the face of the woman. 

I later discussed this image with Fiona and she suggested I took that further and played with cutting out the faces completely and highlighting traits of a women that might make her independent. Such as my second image with the large ears to suggest she is a good listener. Although as I carried on playing with my images I ended up coming to my current idea of stereotypical traits of women. This was after creating the cupcake female to suggest cooking/baking. I preferred this idea to the independent woman theme and chose to carry this on with my work. Even though my images were a little all over the place, I think this workshop helped me to become more loose with my work and placement of imagery. And to not be scared of being extremely minimal or very surreal.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment