Monday 15 April 2013

ANNA BHUSHAN WORKSHOP.

Today we had a lecture held by the lovely Anna Bhushan. I'd never seen any of her work before today but I'm so glad I did! She creates beautiful illustrations using watercolours or gouache paints for various projects and commissions. What I loved about her work was the depth and richness that she achieved through her use of colour. 



Later on in the afternoon workshop we got to experiment with colour in the same way Anna does, I was extremely excited about this  since I always find adding colour to my own work a bit daunting. She spoke about applying colour to certain aspects e.g. A place, a certain smell etc. but instead of using the literal colours to paint the subjects we were asked to think of how they made us feel and what colours we felt represented them best. 

For example for a smell that I love I chose my garden after it rains. To represent this and create the atmosphere I used various shades of lilac with my watercolours, creating patterns within the marks I'd made. I chose lilac since I feel that is the colour I imagine that smell to be, a soft and fresh scent. Below are some photos of some of my work from today:

A smell: My garden after it rains. 
A place you love: Italy.

A person you know very well: Kane, my boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment