Sunday 23 February 2014

EXPERIMENTATION - 23.02.2014.



Apologies for the lack of posts in relation to my own work but I have found these past 2 weeks extremely hard in creating work and I think that is partly due to having so many thoughts and ideas for this project. In one of my earlier crits I was told to create mini 'themes' to then create work for so that my images had more meaning and would be easily read by other people. I have created mini themes but they are more suited around the culture of Italy and so I will only be able to respond to those after I get back from Italy in April. So until then I will be focusing on creating images that relate to specific memories of some of my favourite places whether they are monuments, buildings, beaches or villages I've visited. Since this is such a personal project I feel a bit overwhelmed with everything that I could focus on and by slowly narrowing thoughts down things are getting clearer. 

I had a look back at my previous collages which I am still very happy with but I wanted to see how else I could play about with colour, shape and composition. I've been enjoying being more abstract with my choice of placement and also the sizes of images as well. I want to try to not default to placing images straight in the middle, unless it works for the better, and also how colour doesn't have to be contained to certain areas. I think these two images worked well as a step forwards with my work but I can still see points for development. I'd like to see what they'd look like if I filled the entire page with an image and then worked over the top with colour or cropping into particular bits to then work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment