Thursday 2 May 2013

MEAT.






I decided to go back to playing with brown paper as a background. With these images I was thinking how a woman could also be viewed as an object or in this case a piece of meat. I still wanted to keep the woman stylish and ready to go about her day. I then played with replacing her head with some meat. I really liked how this worked since I'd tried keeping her head normal with the meat in the background but it wasn't as powerful as making it her actual head. I also wanted to include a peek of a male, as if watching her in the background, so tried out various faces. I personally like the first image and the last. I feel the top one works well because I've kept it simple and then you notice the man peeking in behind her, with his gaze looking up. As for the last one, I like how his face isn't in the image but it's from the neck down. It gives it a sense of power, as if he's controlling her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment