Monday 6 May 2013

FINAL REVIEW - REFLECTION.

Today we had our final group review before our hand in. I had printed out some of my images so far and stuck them on the wall ready to present to everyone.My main questions to ask everyone were:
  • Did people think my images were clear enough?
  • What size should I print my finals?
  • What did they think about adding text?
  • Did they think my finals should be a book or prints? 

Everyone was really helpful in todays review and gave me some great feedback/thoughts. I was really happy that they all took the time to look at my work thoroughly and give me their honest thoughts. Some of the ideas that I received were:

  • In regards to text I should try putting the text on an opposite page next to the related image. My images feel finished enough and text placed over or on the same page might make it too busy. 
  • Look at various fonts or if I want it to be hand drawn maybe link the style with something from the opposing image e.g. The lipstick image could have text written out in lipstick etc. 
  • Everyone thought that my images were clear enough but they thought I could strip them even further down. So will play around with PS to test that out. 
  • As for final pieces everyone imagined my images being turned into a magazine and trying to print them out onto newsprint. This is something I had thought of but didn't think it would be a good idea! So pleased that it got mentioned. 

So those were my favourite feedback points from my sheet and there was loads of other little bits that got mentioned. I'm really happy with everything that got discussed and I feel a lot more positive with what I have produced. I think I just needed that moment to step back from my work and let others do the thinking for a while! 

No comments:

Post a Comment